Coming soon—we’re moving to

We’re almost ready to launch the new passport section on This change will make it easier to find the passport information you need.


  • You must use Adobe Reader 7.0.5 or more recent version. Viewers included in some browsers will not work with our forms.
  • Print on white, 8 ½ x 11 inch (216 x 279 mm) letter paper, non-glossy.
  • Type your information directly into the form first and then print it. Doing so has many advantages.

Select your profile:

Non-Canadian in Canada

Canada issues two types of travel documents: the travel document and the certificate of identity.

These travel documents are issued to residents of Canada who are:

  • Convention Refugees
  • Protected Persons
  • Stateless Persons
  • Permanent Residents for less than three years who are unable to obtain a national passport for a valid reason.

Only after we have received all your required information can we determine which document you are eligible for and for how long it will be valid.

Application forms

Other forms


Change of extension policy for travel documents:
Refugee travel documents and certificates of identity issued prior to July 18, 2010, are no longer extendable. The new policy of not extending the validity period of travel documents conforms to new security features and the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization.


Footnote 1

Canadians in the following regions must use the same forms and follow the same rules as Canadians in the United States: Bermuda, American Samoa, the Midway Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

Return to the first 1 footnote referrer